Thursday, January 3, 2008

nightmare at Future Shop

I have dreams like these, trapped in a loud, too-bright retail hell for hours on end, while my wonderful husband makes up his mind on an item. First he has to pick it up and read the box, then stare at the pictures to get an idea what's inside. Next is to go to the computers and read reviews on the intertubes to find out what other people say about his possible purchase. Then it's back to the section to compare the first item with other similar items that might be better or worse. At every stage I have to be consulted with and I listen to the arguments for or against the items in question. I give my opinion and think that we will be arriving at a decision at this point. No, because then there are questions for the staff and discussions with them about their preference, then a little pondering outside in the quiet, and then it's back into the noise and lights for another round of box perusing, review reading and questions to me and to the staff.

Just as I am possibly going to faint from hunger, we arrive at a decision. I demand that this be it, the final decision, no waffling and we pay and I hustle us out to the car having survived another trip to the electronics store. Back at home we unload the purchases and I finally get to eat, which is all my brain is focused now. After food and tea, I can properly appreciate the new toy, which is a PS3 and has fun games I will like, I just wish for a slight shorter ritual purchasing.

No comments: