Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Day One

New Year's resolutions are a quagmire to be avoided at all costs, yet here I am, on the very edge of the year, making promises and setting myself up for trouble. I know myself and deadlines are the sure way to make me accomplish anything useful at all, so I justify this wandering into resolution territory by simply saying that it is the only way I will get on the writing grind with any serious intention. So just as Char did the 365shots thing last year, I will vow to do the 365words thing this year.

There will be no grand declarations of weight loss or suddenly running marathons. Just the discipline of words.

2 comments:

kinziephoto said...

I love your words :)

sue said...

thanks sweetie, I've been thinking about you lately. I hope you're getting better.